Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dyed T-shirts for Mom

Here are 5 t-shirts I dyed for month a few weeks ago. They are dyed with Dylon dyes. They come in a package and you can buy them at Wal-Mart, Joann's, and Hancocks. Wal-Mart only sells about 6 or maybe 8 not sure, the other two stores sells over 20 different brands. If you not want to Procion dyes and want to get into dyeing, this is so simple to do and takes one hour. You use the package dye, SALT and warm water and of course your pre-soaked muslin..or t-shirts..I think the t-shirts come out in brighter colors than my muslin. As you can see above, which is the true colors of the shirts..Mom will love them..she is allergic to Procion so I am glad she can wear dyes such as Dylon. I also like using these dyes for stuffing and dumping with large yardage for the backings of my quilts..So if you have not tried this method, get a package and give it a shot, you will be addictive for sure..

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed