Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Kool-Aid dyeing on cotton

Something I had to try. I know that when dyeing with Kool-aid you are to use wool/silk roving. I had to see why. I used 2 different packages of off Island Fruity Kool-Aid. The pink one was Slammin' Strawberry Kiwi and the green was Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade. To me this came out great since I thought it would be back to the natural muslin color. When I rinse out the pink hardly any bleeding. But when I rinse the Blue, most of it came out and was left with this very pale green. Both were very colorful in the water..Would love to have had the blue ice. I will try again but with the bolder regular Kool-Aid. I will be dyeing fabrics sometimes tomorrow as tonight I am very exhausted. Haven't been sleeping very well the last few days.

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed