Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Fruit and Vegetable Painting Quilt

I worked on this all morning and afternoon. When I finally started the detailing in black, I got very sleepy so went to take a nap and haven't worked on it since..but will every day till the detailing is done. You can see a few on the upper right side..just a black detailing to bring up the fruit to is most. only the outside. I have quite a bit to get this one right. I plan on using chalk, paintstick, and what ever is need to make it something special on my dinning room wall. It looks great there right now. It measures 26x30. I started out with measuring where I wanted everything, so I drew very faint lines with a ruler and then mask it off when putting the paint on the fabric with the fruit..so it would not get so out of line. I knew I wanted the a purplish larger cabbage at the corners..so made sure I had room for those. I use fibers and of course beads to bring out the insides of the fruit..I really can not wait till the detailing is done..

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed