Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Charms for a swap and special ones

These are my special ones I made and had so much fun doing them even if they took longer than I wanted too. .The star and glitter candle was for the other swap but lost one somewhere so last night I had to make 5 different ones, snowman/tree ones...The other was experimenting with and came out pretty goo...I had a ribbon that had Merry Christmas on it and cut it out and sewed it one with silver holographic thread..than on the back I added the blue sequins and beads. the lower one is a shaker charm, lol on both sides. now talk about how to execute it without getting the glitter, snow ice, from my snow babies..beads and sequins from coming out when sewing.. Both have a novelty Christmas fabric as the base and than sheer novelty over on top..They are really pretty in person. I made 10 each of these..I might add them to some Christmas cards for family and friends and of course on of each will be on my Christmas charm bracelet.
These are the charms group that I am in. They all were fussy cut into one inch squares so I could get the designs I wanted. Than beaded and glitter on some of the backs..If you are using these for ornaments, glitter is the best thing to use as it glistens really well the Christmas lights..so is bugle beads and silver line beads...Hope they enjoy them, they will have a ribbon attached to them and not eyelets..The ones about will have eyelet on them when I receive mine from this group at one of them I will add a eyelet for my bracelet..I love showing off what others make.

2 comments:

Ira said...

Beautiful squares.

LorraineS said...

thank you Ira. hugs, Lorraine

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed