Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wired bracelet and another crochet one

I have worked on these two for the last day. I loved doing the wired one..but ohh those finger tips..The crochet was done after I just could not get the knitting one done so thought I'd give it try at crocheting and it worked. These are my own patterns. simple and easy for now. I am trying to get the feel of working with all this. My dh is going to selling stuff on eBay in about 8 months and want to try to sell some jewelry but need the experience first hand.
The 30-32 gauge wire is disappointing to me as they can break on you and you bet they did with me. I did a yard and half of beads to do a turquoise mixed bead bracelet in a tube shape. It was an easy enough pattern..but at first I could not fine the chain stitch or later the top or back of the sc. lol..After a few egg nest, lol I got it down..This moring about an inch and half sure enough, It did break and than I said to myself this is not for me. I can use these fine wires on something else. So back to 28 gauge wires for me..lol
The wire bracelet has mixed beads, yes the one that I did string up, I have seed, E, and twisted bugles beads. I had ordered those clasp for another bracelet that I am going to make as soon the as the back order gets here. But bought larger clasp and thought I would make this one. but when I was done with the 5 strands, and set them down, it did not have a nice form to it so I beaded in between them and now looks and feels better on the wrist.
I tried my knitting too and goof on it and put it away for awhile and than reread it and walla, I knew exactly what I was doing wrong, so I might be doing this tomorrow..
I do not know why I have started any of my art quilts yet, I am getting closer to both deadlines..I guess I just do not want to right now..At least they are not sealed in blood. lol I can get out of both if I want. But did that all of last year and the year before for legitimate reasons too. Not this year..lol

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed