Saturday, August 18, 2007

Red and Purple Fairies done-Green added

My last fairy, I use petals from potpourri and it worked. I used rainbow lame for the wings. I love them all and look forward to make more later one.
Finished my green one. I crocheted the background for the head of the fairy. Used lutador for the wings, I did bead the red and green fairies on the bottom. I have to go and need a break. I do not have silk flowers or anything accessories as I gave them away many years ago when I was done doing my own displays for my booth. Now I wish I had all of them..lol Will buy a little bit just so that I have them. I made 11 bodies and will need something to decorate them with.

I finished the red and purple fairies. I could not find my left over purple poppies for the purple fairy but found some lace and beaded it and added rainbow spun (lutador) for the wing with Angelina fibers punch on. The red is some vintage sequins bought at vintage store in Northport Fla by my little sister Patti. so I just used hot glue and went around till a flower is formed. I used rainbow lame that is crinkled.
It took me most of the night since finishing the heads to paint 8 polymer clay faces. Nothing like my ceramics or others that are poured into a mold and comes out really neat and clean. These were uneven and the eyes did not match one another..that tells me I have to do more practicing with these..lol but they are cute and have a personality..I am not sure if I have another lesson or not in this class. I will ask Carol today. lol


1 comment:

MOLLY said...

These are beautiful!

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed