Monday, October 20, 2008

My Hand Quilting and Laptop table and pin cushion from Sis

This is what I have done so far. I first started out with that poke down and up from the back and than got those slanted threads in the back..but the front was great..I did this last time I took this class and forgot what it does on the back. but than did it the way I was suppose and pretty soon I got the hand of it..but knew when palms where tired, especially the left one..I would go astray..lol but I did not take it out as it is going to be a reminder..I did get a lot better and every time I would do good stitching I was besides myself..lol
This is the best I could do for the backing, it just did not want to photo very well, but if you look closer, by clicking and getting a larger photo, you can see the slanting stitches and my better ones..boy do I have a long way to go..lol it is relaxing once you stop biting you lip or holding your breath..lol
This is my laptop table that I bought and lay my hoop on it for support..it has saved my a lot more pain in my hands..I can still have my left hand under to feel the needle and my main hand on top. It has wheels so I can go from my sitting chair to recliner and it works wonderfully. I bought is at Walgreen's for $24.99...worth every penny of it...dh uses a laptop so when I bought it he reminded me what it was and told him I did not care because I knew it was going to be great for hand applique and quilting and if it did not work, he would have a Laptop table..lol
It measures, 28 tall, 16 inches deep and 24 inches wide..and it rolls, oh sorry, I told you that already, this to me makes the table...lol It fits under my chair and recliner so I can bring it in closer too.

Another tool that sissy, Mary Adkins, made me it is a finger pin cushion and boy it sure comes in handy when I am hand appliqueing to put the needles that are no longer needed when finishing appliqueing an area...it is made from a bottle cap..it has to be a certain size one, I believe from a water bottle..I hope she makes me a couple more..thank you sis..love it..Have a great day all, today I will finished up Ruth's lesson and put that in this evening or tomorrow morning..I have decided that I can hand quilt every other day..or I won't be able to use my hands for a bit..hugs, Lorraine

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed