Sunday, October 26, 2008

My finished hand quilting sampler

Here it is my finished hand quilted sampler for Nancy Chong's Hand Quilting class. I do not like white, whole cloth, quilts so I used watercolors with chalking to get a pastel look. It looks a lot better on my designing board than here.. My dh and sons just did not like the white either..they all asked me if I was putting something on it and I say no it is done..so they might like this better..at least it has some color in the middle. Now I can finished up some other quilts that I have to machine quilt, satin stitch, and also get to know my new machine..it is will be 2 months on Wednesday since I bought it..lots of hugs, Lorraine

2 comments:

Marion said...

Hi Lorraine! Good job on the hand quilting. I agree with your male relatives, it needs something more colorful in the middle or edges. Maybe more hearts that are the same fabric as the border?

Marion in Wa.

LorraineS said...

Hi Marion, this quilt is done and put away already..enough is enough..I know I will never do another whole quilt again and to think this is just a 18x21..lol I will hand quilt my other as they have appliques one them and COLOR too..thank you for visiting and the kind words...lots of hugs, Lorraine

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed