Thursday, August 21, 2008

Winter 2 Bargello finished top with borders and binding

Here is one whole quilt top finished but the sewing of the sleeve in the back . When I did hang I thought there was something missing..well there is I forgot to machine quilt the borders..lol Being that this was quilt as you go..I completely forgot about the borders...Below is the design I will use. I would have like to do a more intricate design but since I have the binding sewn on..It might shrink and it will look just horrible. A simple design like the design in the pattern of the Winter Bargello will work perfect. I reversed the colors of my fabrics from the last with the snowflakes..this will not have anything on it. I also added an extra strip to put closer on the white area on each side.
Here is a close up look of what the design will look like..will do this tomorrow.
Here is what it looked like with half of the strips sewn on as quilt as you go. with a mock of borders and binding. There was a lot of preparation to get it to this and did not like that but the strips were easy to sew..I think and believe I was the only on that did quilt as you go in the class..everyone that sent in their photo omitted the qayg technique, I like to cover all bases when taking a class to learn all I can no matter what endurance I have to go through..lol

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed