Thursday, July 5, 2007

Flower ATC

I made 4 of these Flower ATC. The flower on the upper left is felted on stabilizer and than sewn onto the fabric. I added a leaf on the bottom. Theses are sunflowers. I added velvet paint, from my ceramic stash..(these were used on dry bisque and than fired and when it comes out of the kiln, it would have the look and fell of suede. I figure I had a few bottles left and if it gets fired in the kiln, why not on the fabric and heat gun, it worked..lol trying to use these up..) on the cat tails, brown, to add more dimension, and blue on the outside of the jar..it worked. Holographic gold thread for some glitz..Than beaded where ever I could. I really and truly had fun doing these. This one so far an extra one. These are being sent out tomorrow morning for the Embellish group.

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

What a fantastic ATC. That suede finish is a brilliant idea and I'm sure many textile artists will want to find that paint.

LorraineS said...

Hi Margaret, I do not think they sell it anymore. I have had these for over 10 years. They come in very tiny bottles. They never were great sellers. Thank you for your kinds words. hugs,Lorraine

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed