Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Charms/Inches

Charms, there are so many groups doing these, so my group jumped in on it too.. But not so many in one swap..we have 7, just right for a bracelet..The photos above is front and back on mine..The beaded one is fabric, lace and plastic heated to melt the layers together..and silk paper is sewn for the middle part, as it is transparent.. you can see the teal color silk paper..the other one is from an experiment I did a while back using cling wrap..with different layers..now this is not finished..I still have to add the eyelet and than I will put them in utee..to seal it for me..there is no way my hands will be able to do a satin stitch..since I had these already cut up, I could not do the stitching as a whole cloth..and than cut..so it will be task alone for me and I opted out..it is not worth it to me to having my hands, palm area hurt for days...for 6 charms..so utee it will be..if not that some other way of sealing and there are plenty..the lace effect one is for sure my favorite and of course used my favorite fabric..almost out of it ..used this in ingredient swaps 3 times..all different too..In fact this idea is from one of them..
I have two more swaps having to make inches..one to put them on a post card and another one is to make 21 but no fabric involved..we will see if I do this one..not committed yet..but sure would love to try it..

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed