Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Brooch-Pin swap

Here they all are in a metallic background..now they look better to me..I hope the girls like what I did. It was hard trying to figure out what to do when I had to add felting into making a pin..whereas I had no trouble coming up with ideas that did not included felting...lol another challenge..lol
I use red felt, a Christmas fabric, laid two different colors of red of roving and red Angelina fibers. I felted the whole thing..Than took that same Christmas fabric, metallic sheer and tulle and added these layers to make more petals for the poinsettias (over lapping the layers) and sewed it on the machine. Than I added (glued gun it) the face, gold beads around the face with over lapping it. Green was missing and when I tried to add more to it. It was just too thick so I added green ribbon over the middle part where the golden beads were. It took most of the day to do 5 of these today..but glad they are done. I knew I wanted to do a holiday scene.. I will mail them out Sat so the overseas people can enjoy wearing them now. You can not see the bottom layers at all..lol

1 comment:

LorraineS said...

Adam I did not ask you about any diet and do not want you to post anymore on my site. I will not go there. I will find out how to report you. If it is not related stay out of my blog. this is the second time you have done this to me. The first one I ignored. AI am not anymore. It is spammers like you that make it hard of people like us. Lorraine

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed