Thursday, May 28, 2009

Felted Knit Pick yarn purse with extras

I finally finished this this afternoon. I added some rings and an extension to the handles. I felted with my embellisher machine some roving, This is what it looks like be felting..this is that cheaper wool yarn..I had to order more to finished. It took 6 skeins and had to knit it double..It measures, 19x12 with the strap without the extension at 34 inches.
This is the felted hand bag after 24 minutes of felting and it is now measures 13x12, at the bottom and 10 1/2 at the top. the strap is 33.. It smell horrible during the felting process and some of the embellished roving rolled in balls but as you can see a lot of stay on..Now I am curious to see how long it will take to dry..the other one took less than a day. I have another color to make this style but will use it to make a purse that will not be felted.
Now I am going to start my shibori purse tomorrow..at least I can do something while I am still recuperating..not bad as far as the knee but the sciatic nerve is killing me...I am in and out of bed with the heating pad it seems to be helping a little..at least it is not the awful pain when I walk now...
Oh gosh does it smell with that purse I surely hope it goes away when it is dry..lol thank you for visiting my blog. Hope you all have a great weekend coming up..lots of hugs, Lorraine

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed