Sunday, February 1, 2009

what I have done lately and checking in on progress report of knee

I am glad these two sets came up first..I finally made me a lime and purple set. The purple has a specialty yarn called purple mountains mixed with Purple tones yarn I bought at Hobby Lobby..the specialty yarn I bought online.
I have fun fur mixed with the edges of the brim of hat and scarf. I wore this to the Dr's the other day and got 3 comments on it..I have to admit I was a little leery of wearing such a bright color but it did look good on. Warm too!!

Gwen's and Patti's red hat and scarves..


My son's god children's hat and scarf.



Voo Doo black hat not enough to make a scarf..but still searching for it..This type of Paton's yarn has been discontinued..to bad it is such classy yarn for scarves and hats..
I am making my last one for others today..my mom's navy blue hat..and now I will play around with different types of stuff to knit..bought out books that are over 20 years old and will have to figure out what type of yarn I can replace the patterns I have pick to make..A rug, two different type of shawls..one with a hood..some legging..and a basket weave scarf for my son Terrance.
Chat:
I went in on Friday for my check up after surgery..it was 2 weeks from surgery..the Dr was not there for a week and the first apt was too soon after surgery..
First thing I asked Dr. Fly is why am I still in pain..so much of it..It has not gone away at all..only with pain killers, when I finally found one that worked. He grabbed my hand and told me it has only been 2 weeks and you will have pain for awhile. I have gone through 4 different pain pills..the first one..I was allergic too..and the others did nothing..so the last one was lortab, generic for vicodin..and told him one was not helping and he told me to take two...it worked, it knocked me out..lol but when I get up the pain is there..I get to the point where I want to scream, hit someone and you name it...I keep the heating pad on my knee at all times that I am up..I have two of them, one in my bedroom and one in the living room and will get another one today for the dinning room...It is so hard when no one is around trying to carry all that I need to be comfortable..I can not stay in one place when I am up..I have used crutches and a walker..I am on the walker for now and will be for awhile.
He told I have really cracked the cartilage really good, a long one..told him I had twisted my knee a day before Thanksgiving and two days later and this one my dh had to help me walk as I could not.I also felt it do something. He cut it off and sanded it and than remove what he could under my knee cap with the arthritis...My knee cap feels better,. I am going to start therapy next week Tuesday..so far both insurances will do 3 weeks with 2 days only..we will take what I can have and not pay for it..it is costly!!
This is the second time I have been online and do not know how many times I will come on..right now the pain pills are working but I also heading straight for bed when done here.
Something I have noticed since I have made the scarves and hats for family and friends. I usually thank someone either by card or a phone call..received two by email..this I was so shock..told dh I did not like it but he said that is today..I guess I will make something for someone and take a photo and send them the email and show them what I made them.. and than maybe an email is accepted..everyone has my phone number...or do we have new etiquette rules on making gifts or buying them and emailing is now accepted for thank yous.,.what about wedding and shower gifts..just venting a bit..I put a lot of time and special love in making these..oh we do live and learn do we not!! Have a great week and hopefully I will have something other that hats and scarves to put on my blog...





No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed