Friday, February 13, 2009

No Photos just some catching up to do

Hi Everyone,
Its been the longest I have stayed off line..I have had a few weeks of not doing to well with my knee..but now I think I am on the good mending part.
I have kept myself busy but just haven't taken any photos..anyway I just made hats to match the scarves I made and vice versa. of course those leggings..I am knitting a beautiful shawl with the VooDoo ruby..it is going to take a lot the skeins but being buying them on eBay and stashing them..lol I guess you can see I just this yarn, too bad they have discontinued it..but it is till available..in the right places..I have bought hundreds of dollars of yarn, all different types and brands...so I now have huge stash that almost equals the other stashes of stuff I get involved in..not fabrics..no one could ever get that much yarn, or can they? lol a closet full!!
I am doing well in therapy. The girls cannot believe how much I can bend my knees..I told them I do practice since I am either in bed or sitting..I do try to walk around the house..tried with the cane but not doing good on that note..they told me yesterday no CANE..so still on the caddy walker..my knee cap has been hurting pretty bad and yesterday I asked them if we could concentrate on that..she said it is scar tissue and we do have to get rid of it before my arthritis starts to come back and cover the scar tissue, I would be in more pain..not much but enough..she massage the area before I went home and told me to let my dh know how to do it and I can not be in a sitting position or I would do it myself...so before this it was the pain, burning fire and throbbing, on the inside of the knee...and off course having problems getting more pain pills..when all is done. I am writing my insurance company, my family Doctor and Tri care to let them know what I had to go through for the 3 weeks I have been in severe pain..and like the Dr told me on the 2nd week after surgery, with dh there, that is was going to be a long recovery..than I have problems getting med for this..NO ONE THAT HAS HAD SURGERY SHOULD EVER GO WITHOUT PAINS PILLS NO MATTER WHAT THE EXCUSE IS..IF THE DOCTOR IS NOT AROUND SOMEONE OTHER DOCTOR SHOULD BE THERE TO HELP OUT..WE DO PAY FOR OUR INSURANCES AND THEY SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON..ON THE OTHER NOTE, BECAUSE THERE ARE ABUSERS OF MED WHY SHOULD WE PAY FOR THAT!! GIVE ME A BREAK..DOCTORS YOU ARE NOT GOD..I FEEL SOME DO FEEL LIKE THEY ARE..ALL MY OPINIONS BUT PLEASE DO REPLY WITH A RESPONSE..I AM NOT SAYING ALL DOCTORS BUT SOME...OFF THIS CASE FOR NOW..LOL
One thing good about going to therapy, is that the pain is still there but yet it feels good..sounds kinda crazy but I think you all know what I mean..Also my dh get to take mom where she needs to go two days out of the week, so she does not have to walk any where..I would go and stay with her but it a long day for me..and I just might one day..if I was on the cane every thing would be so much easier..
Saturday is our 36th Anniversary and dh has asked me where do I want to go for dinner..I told with the walker I just do not know..I would love to go to Red Lobster, haven't been there since they moved over 10 years ago to the other end of Memphis..every thing is there now..the guys and gals at therapy told me to go any where and take my walker..and make the best of it..they are right..we will see..lol
I now have lost 21lbs..since January 15th..told you it has been a bad one..do not want to gain it back but do know might with a few of the lbs when I can eat properly. But I do feel a lot better today..
I have a pattern, that dh bought for me online, for a knitted shawl or scarf with fabrics..I know I have one from long time ago but would not know where to start to look for it..it takes 6 yards of fabric cut on the bias and I can not stand that long to do cut, wish one of my friends, you, where here to help me..lol I would have that made in no time...
How has it been for all of you all. I do miss sewing but did get to sew a couple of the rice pads and they work so much better than the heating pads..and I have 3 of them..lol but I will before getting back to making quilting make a couple with Velcro for my wrist while quilting..it will feel just great.
Oh we have a new JOANN'S store opening the 19 and sales till the21st..Christopher Lowell, i used to watch him will be here on the 19 if people want to met him..to bad dh is working..lol but I love my Hancock's and it is closer..yes they move Joann's further then the other stores, so it might take us 40-45 mins to get there depending on traffic..I don't miss something I never had before..but will be nice to go to another fabric store.
Have a great day and yes, I chatted your ears off..lol lots of love and hugs, Lorraine

No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed