Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mom's Dutch Girls for Abigail

Here is a full view, that dh is holding up for me. She is now hand quilting Lil Gwendolyn's and than she will finished mine, for my future granddaughter..smile
Here is a close up of her work. Mom hand appliques the girls and hand quilts. She sews the the boxes to the border and the bias, which she cuts the fabric on the bias..I have never done this..but will try it on a future quilt of mine. hugs, Lorraine
click on the photos and it will bring you to another page so you can view it a lot better. thank you for being here on my blog.

2 comments:

Genie said...

Beautiful Quilts

LorraineS said...

Hi Genie, my mom has made about 6 of these for her great grand daughters. (plus one for me for when I have one, lol) We had to look the oldest one as she did not much care for the newer, Sus Bonnet Sue, she still calls them the Dutch girls..my mom is 80 years old..glad she can still do her quilting. Thank you for your kind words. hugs to you, Lorraine thank you for viewing my blog.

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed