Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Knitting stuff and fabric I will knit a shawl with

this is my new fabric, I bought at Hancock's..it is embroidered as you can see, I will make a halter dress out of it for the summer.
Pictures are backwards..lol this is the back of the fabric that I will cut into the bias at 1/2 inches..I need 6 yards but bought 10, only if I had a coupon for 40 percent off..and I did..

Here is the front but it has more colors that what is presented here..the reason I chose this fabric.


These are the last of the knitted scarves and hats I made. all from Paton's yarn called Voodoo...I found these other colors on line on eBay. I love this yarn..I have 7 rows to go on my ruby red shawl in this yarn and I put the photo of it when done,
I will hopefully finished sewing the hems of a dozen satin pillow cases this afternoon. for my mom, sister and mom's friend...
I am still with the walker and till the buckling stops I probably will be..so far the buckling has gone done a bit..today only 5 times so far..so with me walking on the carport area 10 times for about 3 times day will help the muscle to loosen up..it still hurts a little the knee area..but getting better. I have lost now 24 lbs..and want to try and lose another 5 or 6 before I see my Dr on the 23 of March..
Note on psoriasis..I have using olive oil since I came home from surgery and putting it on my areas with the incisions was not..I can not believe how much my leg is improving. the growth is no longer growing..and it is getting smaller in size. My elbows are almost gone. It also help get rid of the few toenails that had fungus in..tried every thing and it works..So you all might want to try olive oil, I use what you cook with ..lol but there is suppose to be something for medical purpose I think but I will stick to what I am using..
Joann's: I was not that impressed at all. Hancock's had more of a variety of fabrics. They have this store in the rich area and they had more fancy fabrics and about 3 full rows of novelty fabric..which I can care less...on the other hand, my mom loved it.. I did not know they pick numbers when you cut fabrics, my mom stood in line for the longest time waiting her turn, than I heard a number being called and sure enough, not one of those sales clerks told my mom to get a number and let me tell you they got a few words from me all of them. When I check out I did not get half of the fabric because it was on sale, I told her take the sale off and give to me for 50 percent off, she said they do not do that, well, my Hancock's does!! I was only impressed with was the beaded area, now they had lots of different beads..but have to many now and of course it wasn't on sale, nothing in the store was 40-50 percent off, only 30, but I know it being 45 minute drive I will not be going to Joann's that much like Garden Ridge, another craft store here.
Hubby is not being that much helpful anymore..I can do more yes, but my leg does hurt at times and this morning I had asked to get me a cup of hot tea before he left..he grumbled..I got it myself..than when he left I crushed all his chips!!! Maybe next time he will help me..I know it has been hard and I do feel so guilty for him helping me and he has been good..lol
I have been online to long and now I know when I get up I am going to hurt..so I will go and take a short nap and put the heating pad on it for a bit...thank you for visiting my blog..Have a great evening, hugs, Lorraine



No comments:

Handmade Pledge

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Time and Date

Memphis

Weather

The WeatherPixie

Arbee Designs Ruth Blanchet

Arbee Designs on Facebook
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Beading Daily

I am Beading Daily

Twitter

Pango the Panda

NeoCounter

   

NeoPod

NeoPlanet

Shelfar Book Club

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed